Archive for March 25th, 2009
This is article 1 of 6 on linked lists in MySQL:
- Sorting lists
- Sorting lists: moving items
- Sorting lists: adding items
- Sorting lists: deleting items
- Sorting lists: moving blocks
- Sorting lists: deleting blocks
From Stack Overflow:
I have an app which has tasks in it and you can reorder them.
Now I was wondering how to best store them. Should I have a column for the order number and recalculate all of them everytime I change one?
Please tell me a version which doesn’t require me to update all order numbers since that is very time consuming (from the execution’s point of view).
It’s probably better to keep it in a linked list:
Read the rest of this entry »